Last week, Maruti Suzuki silently launched a limited edition car, their last update on the present generation Swift Dzire. With just months left for the 2017 Swift Dzire to be launched in the country, the existing model was given a final update in the form of an add-on package and named Allure. Hence this limited edition that is available in all existing variants will get only cosmetic tweaks for a premium appeal while mechanicals remain the same as the selected trim. Apparently, the model is yet to reach all dealerships across the country after which it will be available only for a limited period in all colours as the existing Swift Dzire.
Contents of the add-on package will be as follows:
• New side skirts and an ‘Allure’ sticker on the body
• ‘Allure’ badge of chrome below the variant badge at the rear
• Plenty of chrome appear on the bumper corners, window frames and the boot section
• On the Inside, plush seats with a dual tone of beige and brown faux leather and a set of ‘Allure’ labeled pillows
• Traces of faux wood on the dashboard and steering wheel wrapped in faux leather
• Front centre armrest, ambient lighting and Dzire carpets in beige adding to the premium feel
• Nertz music system (optional)
Under the hood, the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Allure maintains the same engine as the existing model. The 1.2L petrol engine churns 84bhp and 115Nm of torque while the 1.3L DDiS diesel engine develops 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both trims are available with a 5-speed manual transmission while the diesel variant gets an AMT option too.
Maruti Suzuki has not yet officially revealed the prices for this limited edition. It is expected to have some clarity once this sedan reaches all nationwide Maruti dealerships.
Image: Official website Maruti Suzuki
2017 was definitely a good year for the brand JEEP in India as it made its debut in the country with three robust SUVs. The Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT and the Jeep Compass are the ones you may recall. Next expected is Jeep Renegade that could be launched any time soon in the country.
Bentley launched the Bentayga in India in the year 2016. Back then, it was a W12 petrol engine and was claimed to be the fastest SUV of its time. Two years past its debut, Bentley has come up with a less powerful version of the same powered by a V8 petrol engine. The former was priced at Rs. 3.85 crore while the latter is priced at Rs. 3.78 crore (ex-showroom) in India.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.