MU-X, A new SUV from Isuzu Motors India was launched in India on Thursday replacing the MU-7 from their Indian line-up. This robust utility vehicle comes in two variants- a 4x2 variant priced at Rs.23.99 lakh and 4x4 variant at Rs.25.99 lakh (Both Ex-showroom Delhi). The MU-X shares its platform with the new-generation D-Max and rivals against the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. The MU-X had conquered the global market until March 2017 after which a facelifted version of the same was launched there. The facelift MU-X will reach India in another year or so, depending on how good the Indian markets welcome this model here.
Highlights of the MU-X:
1. Available in single trim- 3L turbo diesel, in-line four cylinder,DOHC engine that produces 177bhp and 380Nm of peak torque. This engine is bonded to a 5-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift and brake shift lock.
2.Isuzu claims the MU-X get a mileage of 13.8kmpl.
3. Ground clearance at 220mm makes it ready to conquer any terrain with ease.
4. On the outside, twin slat chrome grille, projector headlights, LED Daytime running lamps, dual-tone front and rear bumpers, diamond cut alloy wheels with multi spokes and chrome embellishments on the door handles and tailgate are few notable features.
5. Inside, the seat pattern of this 7-seater is entirely different from the other SUVs available in India. The second row gets a full seat option while the third row gets two individual seats.
6. Cabin gets a well-equipped dashboard with 7-inch infotainment system, multi-functional steering wheel, plush seats, surround audio system mounted on the roof, reverse camera, keyless entry, cruise control and many more features to challenge its rivals.
7. Safety features include dual airbags, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution), hill assist, electronic stability control, traction control etc.
Tata Motors has added a new variant to its compact hatchback to handle the heat of New Hyundai Santro. New Santro since its launch had created quite a hype with segment first features and striking interiors.
Jaguar is celebrating the 50th anniversary of their flagship saloon XJ. It is exciting to know that it has been 50 years since Jaguar launched XJ and this model has been serving as their flagship executive model for these many years. To celebrate this success, Jaguar has now launched the 50th anniversary edition of this prestigious model worldwide.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.