It’s raining discounts at the Indian Automobile Industry with vehicles being sold at rock bottom prices. A couple of days back, before GST came to force on July 1st, auto makers were offering discounts to customers as part of clearing stocks. Post GST implementation, the prices of most vehicles have come down and as a result the car makers are willing to share the benefits to the customers and have once again announced huge discounts on various models.
Beginning with India’s popular car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki, the company has cut down prices with discounts ranging from Rs.2300/- to Rs.21000/- across various models. India’s second leading car manufacturer Hyundai has also come up with price discounts as much as 5.9%. Unlike others, Hyundai has announced price slash on its entire Indian lineup. Tata Motors have cut down prices upto 12% ranging between Rs.3300 and Rs. 2.17 lakh. Mahindra has brought down prices by almost 7% on passenger vehicles while commercial vehicles have prices down by around 1%. Toyota too has shared GST benefits to its customers by offering various discounts on its popular models. Nissan announced the price reduction of its cars by almost 3% which included the Datsun Brand as well. Honda Cars India has reduced their vehicle prices ranging from Rs.10,000 to Rs.1.30 lakh. Ford has cut down prices on its models while customers of Ford Endeavour will enjoy the highest discount of around Rs.3 lakh. Fiat, Skoda, Volkswagen are among other popular brands that have joined the bandwagon thereby wholeheartedly celebrating the GST implementation.
Here is a list of popular vehicles with offers and discounts:
• Maruti suzuki Alto 800 - Rs.2,300 to Rs.5,400
• Maruti Suzuki Wagon R- Rs.5,300 to Rs.8,300
• Maruti Suzuki Swift- Rs.6,700 to Rs.10,700
• Maruti Suzuki Swift- Rs.6,600 to Rs.13,100
• Maruti Suzuki Dzire- Rs.8,100 to Rs.15,100
• Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (Petrol)- upto Rs.21,800
• Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (Petrol)- upto Rs.23,400
• Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza- Rs.10,400 to Rs.14,700
• Maruti Suzuki S-Cross- Rs.17,700 to Rs,21,300
• Hyundai Grand i10- Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000
• Hyundai Tucson- upto Rs.1.12 lakh
• Hyundai Elite i20- Rs.8,000 to Rs.13,000
• Hyundai Eon- Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000
• Tata Hexa- upto Rs.15,000
• Toyota Etios- upto Rs.20,000
• Toyota Corolla- upto Rs.60,000
• Toyota Camry- upto Rs.70,000
• Toyota Innova- upto Rs.40,000
• Mahindra Bolero- Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000
• Mahindra KUV 100- Rs.34,000 to Rs.42,000
• Mahindra Scorpio- Rs.6,600 to Rs.12,100
• Mahindra TUV 300- Rs.36,000 to Rs.41,000
• Mahindra XUV 500- Rs.65,000 to Rs.75,000
• Nissan Micra- upto Rs.40,000
• Honda Jazz- upto Rs.10,000
Hyundai let out a teaser of their all new electric SUV, Kona that is about to make its global debut at the Geneva Motor Show. The compact SUV was unveiled last year and the fully electric version will be launched in the second half of 2018 in US. However, the details and specifications of Kona will be officially made available at the end of this month.
India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki is all set to create news once again with the largest vehicle display at the Auto Expo 2018. This time, the company has set up a massive pavilion of 4200 square meters, built on the theme of ‘Transformotion’. Through this theme, Maruti Suzuki intends to show their transformation towards developing innovative ideas, design and technology that usher the consumers to a whole new level of future.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.