Indian Government is on the move to curb pollution levels in the country taking measures at various levels. The latest one to hear is the mandatory requirement of a valid PUC (Pollution under Control) certificate for insurance renewal. The Honourable Supreme Court under a bench headed by Justice Madan B. Lokur and Justice Deepak Gupta released an order stating that all vehicles in the Delhi-NCR should have a valid PUC certificate to get the insurance renewed annually.
Last year in April, the EPCA (Environment Pollution Prevention and Control Authority) has submitted a report in the Supreme Court based on their assessment report of pollution levels in Delhi and the National Capital Region. The suggestions given have been finally accepted by the court after assessing various measures to arrest the pollution. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways too have responded positively to the suggestions put forward by the EPCA. As a result, the court has directed the ministry to equip all fuel stations across the NCR with PUC check centres within next four weeks’ time. These centres will be digitalized so as to avoid any forgery in the system.
It needs to be understood that every step taken to bring down the pollution level in the country needs to be welcomed and appreciated as it will go a long way in making India greener.
• Mahindra Scorpio 2017 -the most powerful Scorpio ever launched
• Price begins at Rs.9.97 lakh ranging to Rs.16.01 lakh
• Gets plenty of updates inside and outside
• Mercedes Benz launches AMG GLA 45 and CLA 45
• Facelift versions also get a new Aero Edition
• Both cars get 19-inch alloy wheels and other cosmetic updates
• Both models are powered by 2L Bi-Turbo Petrol engine
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.